Sign up to our e-newsletter and keep up to date with news, events and developments at the Tanfield Railway, the World’s Oldest Railway.
LEGENDS OF INDUSTRY PHOTOGRAPHIC EVENING - FRIDAY 15TH JUNE, 6PM - 10PM
As part of our 2018 Legends of Industry Gala, from 6pm until 10pm on Friday 15th June, the Tanfield Railway will be holding a unique photographic event featuring twilight steam.
This will be a special chance to capture visiting locomotives, National Coal Board, Lambton railway ‘Austerity’ No. 60 and Central Electricity Generating Board, Dunston Power Station No.15 in and around the 1854 built Marley Hill engine shed - alongside home fleet locos Joicey Collieries No.3 Twizell, Keighley Corporation Gasworks No.2 and Sir Cecil A Cochrane. 'Austerity' N.C.B No.49 will be on static display.
The event costs £10.00 per person.
- Up to five locomotives in steam posed for photography.
- Rare location for photography including access to Marley Hill signalbox, Andrews House branch and Gibraltar bridge.
- Engine shed access.
- Spotlit photography until 10pm.
- Crews in period dress and with recreated scenes.
- Hot food and drinks from Pontop Canteen.
24 June 2018